-Dinesh Kumar Thapa¹, Shyam Vyas², Rohit Saiju³, Pravesh Rajbhandari4 , Basant Pant5
1. Senior Resident Officer, Annapurna Neurological Institute and Allied Sciences, Maitighar, Kathmandu.
2. Consultant Ophthalmologist, Tilganga Eye Hospital, Kathmandu.
3. Consultant Ophthalmologist & Oculoplastic surgeon, Tilganga Eye Hospital, Kathmandu.
4. Consultant Neurosurgeon, Annapurna Neurological Institute and Allied Sciences, Maitighar, Kathmandu.
5. Chief Consultant Neurosurgeon, Annapurna Neurological Institute and Allied Sciences, Maitighar, Kathmandu.
Worldwide blindness in 1.6 million people is due to ocular trauma. Trauma is the most common cause of unilateral loss of vision in developing countries and about 5 % of all bilateral blindness is directly due to trauma. In Nepal, ocular trauma is considered a major cause of unilateral blindness and caused 7.9 % of all blindness in Nepal. It is the second leading cause of blindness after cataract. Pressure cooker is a cooking utensil that works with high pressure and heat, consuming less time and fuel but as seemingly easy, the trouble handling with it could be horrible. It may cause serious injury to someone nearby. Here by, we would like to report a case that could rarely happen in kitchen as a worst accident.
Key words: Orbital injury, facial injuries, traumatic blindness, foreign body in eye.